Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stop Complaining!

I said to myself, "I'm going to quit complaining!" (Psalm 39:1 TLB)

There are two choices we can make when we are faced with things that trouble us, either about ourselves or others.   We can complain or we can confess.   We need to learn one from the other, only then can we have greatness in Christ.

The Bible is very honest about human nature...after all who knows us best?  Our creator who made us!  Psalm 39 gives us a plan on how to deal with frustration.   God wants to hear our honest feelings IF we are ready to take them to confession. 

We all have complaints about our job, money, or situation, but complaining to others may make them think that God cannot take care of us.   We should take our complaints directly to God.  When we turn our complaints into confession we link ourselves to the power of God.


So if you find that you are complaining about your pastor, or things at church, or you are critical of other people...confess it to God & pray over those situations.   Stop complaining!

Verse 4 says, "Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away."  Life is short & if there is something that we want to do, we must not put it off for another day.   Don't neglect what is truly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment